Metals New Zealand in conjunction with its industry association partners HERA, SCNZ, NZSSDA, NASH, CTNZ, GANZ, NZMRM and TIDA conducted the ‘METALS WEEK 2015’. Several Metals Industry-related events were also organised across the week of 31st August – 4th September. The Aotea Centre in Auckland’s CBD served as the location for the week’s core events.
Metals Week 2015 provided for a broad networking opportunity for members, the chance to promote our collective sectors to stakeholders such as Government, customers and suppliers, and the chance to recognize Business Excellence achievements from across our 8 Associations as we work hard towards securing the future of our industry.
- A Networking Evening on Wednesday 2nd Sept followed the opening of the Exhibition hall targeted at industry members and conference delegates.
- The signature event is the tremendously successful Industry Awards Gala Dinner was held at the Rendezvous Hotel Ballroom on 3rd September with 400 guests. The Industry Associations joined together to acknowledge & celebrate Business Excellence achievements from across the industry.
- The Steel Innovations Conference was held across 2 days; 3rd & 4th September and some 250 professionals
- The bi-annual Metals NZ conference was held Sept 3rd with a set of thought provoking & inspirational speakers focused on Business Excellence topics for business owners, directors, managers and supervisors. These forums were started as plenary sessions, prior to some individual Association meetings in the afternoon
- The Metal Roofing Manufacturers (MRM) association held a 2-day conference from the 1st to 2nd of September (Tues & Wed) and then joined the Metals NZ Conference and Industry Awards Gala Dinner
- Casting Technology NZ (CTNZ) conducted a one-day members' conference the week prior
- A 36-booth Industry Exhibition opened on the Wednesday afternoon to run through Thursday & Friday, and strategically located to also enable public interaction and served as the venue for lunches and tea breaks